There are two teachers with AMI diplomas in class, one teaches in Russian, the other in English. Their work is supported by two assistants: one of the assistants teaches in Russian and the other in English. Thus, we create an atmosphere of a bilingual environment in the classroom, and the barrier in communication with people who speak another language is removed. We see that many students at the end of the program have a good level of understanding of the English language and the use of simple phrases in communication.
The classroom has a friendly, bilingual environment. This means that communication and teaching is both in Russian and in English. At the same time, adults follow the basic rule: one adult - one language. First of all, children become confident native speakers of Russian, and at the same time get a great experience in immersion in the culture of English speech, absorbing it naturally and in a positive way.
The program is led by Elena Boyarchuk, a Montessori teacher (AMI diploma in working with children 3–6) with 6 years of experience at our school.
- The program runs 5 days a week
- The morning program is from 8.30 am to 1.00 pm.
- The main program is from 8.30 am to 3.45 pm.
- The full day program is from 8.30 am to 5 pm and includes extracurricular activities.
The Casa dei Bambini class environment:
- takes into account the needs of children aged 3-6;
- allows children to move freely around the classroom;
- contains materials that correspond with the sensitive periods (periods of special interest) of the child;
- has a clear logic of construction, each material has its own place;
- all materials are attractive and convenient for a child to use.
Class materials are clearly organized into zones:
- A Practical Life Exercise Zone, where children naturally improve their movement skills, prepare themselves for more challenging work by doing normal daily activities such as cooking, washing, cleaning tables, arranging bouquets, taking care of flowers.
- The sensory development zone, where children become familiar with the physical properties of the world around them - color, size, shape, smells, etc.
- The language area where children are engaged in the development of speaking, writing and reading.
Mathematics zone, where children gain knowledge about quantity and the 4 arithmetic operations, get to know symbols, learn fractions and take their first steps in geometry.
- The cultural zone, which includes materials that introduce children to the basics of geography, biology, art, and physics. A zone of musical development is set apart in class.